|Yes, oops, forgot to take the photo earlier again!|
- One quantity shortcrust pastry as per the meat pie recipe
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, chopped into smallish bits
- 1 leek chopped finely
- 300ml cream
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Blind-bake the pastry case per the meat pie recipe. Then turn oven to 170ºC.
- Fry up the bacon and leek until the leek is soft and bacon browned. Allow to cool a little.
- Mix up the eggs and cream. Season with some nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Scatter the bacon and leek over the case bottom and pour the mixture in. Cook for 20-35 minutes, until firm. 25 minutes worked for me.
- Allow to cool before serving.
And that's it. And it was so delicious!